Sunday, November 21, 2010

Official NaNoWriMo Capitulation Announcement

Alas, I have been defeated.
After the first three weeks of November, I should have written roughly 35,000 words in order to meet my goal of 50,000 by the end of the month; I wrote ~400. I officially give up. You win this time, National Novel Writing Month, but I'll whip you next time. *shakes fist*
Oh yes... next time, I won't handicap myself with writing three other projects at the same time.

At any rate: currently home for Thanksgiving, and am being used as slave labor as we pack up the house. My parents yell at me when I try to go up to my room and get any writing done. They can probably hear my keyboard clicking through the air-vents and are coming for me right now!

ninjaVanish!

7 comments:

  1. Rootin' for ya dude. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Oh yeah 90% in beta, Hell Yeah! I am super excited about that, however Sarah's episode tonight overshadows that, sorry but it's true ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ninja, sorry to hear about the nanowrimo thing. :( I didn't actually get to work on my original nanowrimo project at all, thanks to Fates and Fortune, so I feel your pain. But hey, there's always next November, right? (Funny, I tell myself that every year and yet...)

    Hey, do you mind if I turn Bunker into an eBook for my Kindle? I can send you the ePub/mobi copy and/or host them on my blog on the ebooks page if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super awesome idea. I have no idea how to do that kind of thing myself. I was just looking through Bunker again, and all of the scene breaks got nuked by FF.net, so that would probably make things more difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, do you still have the original source file with breaks? That might make things easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I don't. :(

    My computer crashed and I lost a lot of stuff in the transfer to my new laptop. Including half of my thesis and the first 5 chapters of the book I was going to work on for NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are those scene breaks the astericks that separated some parts or the lines that you can put in there on the editing thing on ff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why, oh why you went back to the drawing board?

    ReplyDelete