Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gearing up for NaNoWriMo

Given the target numbers I'm going to be required to meet during November, of 1667 words a day, minimum just on 'undisclosed NaNoWriMo project', let alone Frontier and Themselves, I'm taking the next couple weeks to retrain myself. My goal is 1000 words today, then incrementing by 100 words a day... until I'm comfortable doing at least 2000 a day so I can keep up roughly the same schedule for Themselves and pepper in some Frontier and Thesis and outline for NaNoWriMo.
And yes, I know that's insane. But in a good way.
By  December first, I'll probably need to sleep for a week.
Also, apparently Caffeine works the same way on my brain as Ritalin. This would have been good to know a month ago.

Today's goal: 1000/1000

ninjaVanish!

4 comments:

  1. One question, what does NaNoWriMo means?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be needing bulk shipments of coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tynian: NaNoWriMo is national novel writing month... where insane people like myself attempt to write 50,000 words in 30 days. It averages out to 1,667 words a day.

    MC: I already have eight pounds in hermetically sealed jars. I'm set on the coffee front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30.000 words in one month? Wow, just, wow.

    ReplyDelete