Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catastrophe! Averted?

My laptop is...  in critical condition.
I nearly lost 30k words on an original work, and am now in the process of trying to back up all the separate files ive got cs vs recruits in before i try to reformat.

windows safe mode refuses to boot, which makes me very very sad.

the last time i had an issue like this i somehow overlooked my thesis and the first six chapters of a novel that i realUly liked.
hopefully things go better this time.

this will likely delay frontier updates, but I dont know for how long...

my phone is the only reliable word processor in my life right now, (and for some reason i cant capitalize thing properly...maybe not that reliable after all) so that makes working with ff.net difficult.
wish me luck.

Update: my laptop is still covered by the 3 yr service agreement i purchased along with it, so this might turn out ok.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, you need to go to Sugarsync and set it to back up your files automatically every morning. :)

    But I am sorry you're having computer troubles. Those just suck—let us know if we can do anything besides be cheerleaders (mxpw looks better in the cheerleading skirt than I do, which is why he's the minion).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm more in the budget neighborhood of $0. Still, the prompt to start looking at online backup was long overdue, and we'll see how the free service I found works out. I doubt I'll need more than 2GB data backup just for word docs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, that's not nice. If only you lived in Finland, I'd have all the files dug up from that HDD in a jiffy so you could get back to work :P
    Hopefully you'll get your backup service working.

    -SH

    ReplyDelete