Monday, May 16, 2011

Chuck vs the Frontier progress

I'm picking up speed on the next chapter, and the story as a whole is rocketing towards its conclusion. (Probably somewhere in the early 30s chapter-wise)

This brings to light a concern. If I'm going to make a Chuck vs the Frontier ebook, like I did for Chuck & Sarah vs Themselves, there aren't really any pictures from the show I could use as the cover.

My photoshop skills are just not up to snuff to put Chuck and Sarah into an old Western movie poster. Any ideas on how to 'frontier-ify' a pic from the show? A screen-cap of Harry Tang in his cowboy costume from Season One is the closest I can think of right now.

Expect chapter 25 of Chuck vs. the Frontier to go up Tuesday night/very early Wednesday morning at the latest.

8 comments:

  1. Well, you also have Jeff and Lester's western-like music video that was playing while Chuck and Shaw were fighting in the Buy More in the last episode of Season 3. But having Tang or Jeff and Lester for the cover doesn't sound too good to me.

    I'm not a Photoshop expert but could you get a western-like photo of an old town or railroad station or railroad and then "ghost" or superimpose Chuck and Sarah's faces over that or up near the top? Could something like that be done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a couple of minutes, I was able to use
    http://www.photofunia.com/categories/vintage/wanted_poster

    to create

    http://tinypic.com/r/2rpz6uh/7

    You can probably find a better Chuck and Sarah pic. Whatever pic you use, you need to find a vertical one. Other vintage templates at photofunia might work better with horizontal pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about the picture on


    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/changing_channels/2010/04/

    It is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, okay, I caved because Neil N tweeted at me, and I had some time on my hands. I made you this:

    http://bit.ly/m1C1Uk

    Is that a picture of Annie Oakley with a shot of Yvonne's face superimposed over it? ...I plead the fifth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you mean by an e-book?
    Is there an alternative version of vs. Themselver other than the fanfiction.net?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frea:
    :D
    Thanks a lot! That's perfect.

    Anon:
    Frea's site, castleinanity.blogspot.com has a bunch of fanfics in various ebook formats for download.

    Themselves and Bunker are both on that list. If you do much of your reading on the go, or with a Kindle, those are hard to pass up. I don't think there are any substantive differences between the ebook versions and the one on fanfiction.net, other than the omission of author's notes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very welcome, ninja! I had a good time making the individual pictures and let me know if you want copies of any of the three outside of the cover. :) I can't wait to host Frontier when you have it done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Frea!

    (NeilN)

    ReplyDelete