Sunday, December 19, 2010

A note on progress bars and CS vs Themselves:

Well, this is kind of an awesome position to be in for me. With Chapter 28 going up, and 29 in beta, I've finally gotten back to the parts of the story I had already written when I started posting Chuck & Sarah vs the Bunker way back in march.

There's about 23k words already written, counting Chapter 30, all of which taken together get us up to the beginning of vs the Bunker, albeit with a few notable gaps which still need to be written. Chuck's solo mission on the run in what should be Chapter 31 and maybe 32 if it runs long, comes to mind. The problem is that some bits no longer fit due to the story expanding as I wrote, and I'll have to do quite a bit of editing to clean things up so they mesh properly.

The new 'Themselves: as a whole' progress bar is probably misleading. Those 23k words I mentioned above aren't properly included in the 85 percent listed, and it's probably best to view it as only including chapters 1-29 in that 85 percent, but that's probably not completely accurate either. My brain hurts thinking about it, and I don't like math ever since sophomore year in college when all the numbers went away and they tried to convince me bs like x'y''=y'ze was supposed to make sense. Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. Damn Numbers Perverts!!! ;)

    Thank you very much for your stories, they have been helping stave off Chuck withdrawals....

    -JS Fan

    ReplyDelete